Sunday, August 01, 2004

Long Day

It's August 1st. Can you believe it? Sunday the first. I just flipped my calendar to the brand new month. Ron has a really funny face in Prof. Flitwick's class. Yes, I have a mini-Harry Potter wall calendar posted on my bulletin board. :)

I woke up early this morning -- well, early for a Sunday morning. 7:45 a.m. or thereabouts. Had to get ready for the car wash at Burgermaster. Man oh man, we raised a lot of money for PRSSA! Well, it's to send people to the national conference in New York. I don't know that I'm going, but it does sound great. One of the speakers will be Donald Trump. Anyway, we made a lot of money, and by we, I mean, four of our officers. We could have used more help because the cars just kept coming! My back is probably going to be sore tomorrow, but I got a nice workout lifting the buckets to and fro. Annnnnd, my car looks really nice now! :)

I'm trying to relax and unwind. I sat outside for a while, reading The Seattle Times. It was nice, but then a pair of bees came to taunt me. They flew dangerously close to my legs but didn't sting me. My heart was pounding as they wouldn't go away. I drew in my knees and kept moving but was cornered pretty much -- if not doomed especially if I made the wrong move. They kept hovering, so then I made a run for the door. Leave the papers behind! Leave the papers behind! I've never been stung by a bee. I wish to continue life that way. :) Well if it happens, it happens, but I just hope somebody's around to take me to the hospital in the event that I'm allergic to bee stings. Let's hope not! Hmmm...

Anyway, I saved the papers 10 minutes later.

Relax and unwind, eh? I guess Mom had cut up some watermelon before she, Dad and Janice left for Seattle. Mmmmm. Good stuff. So were the nachos. Hehehehe.

I *finally* watched Big Fish in its entirety. In San Diego, I saw most of it, but I fell asleep before the ending. A few days ago, I started it again, but I was too tired to watch. So today, I finally got to see the ending. Good movie. Maybe a little confusing at times, but I liked the stories, especially the romantic one involving Edward's wooing of Sandra. Oh yeah, that movie made me really thirsty, so I'm going to get some water...

No comments: