Saturday, August 28, 2004

Closer

The Josh concert is TOMORROW! Ahhhhh! Finally! :) Yes, I wore my Closer t-shirt today, and it's friggin' huge. If we were living in the early '90s again, it'd be a great t-shirt. Heh!

I've been compiling a list of where many of the oldies-but-goodies PNW Grobanites are sitting at White River Amph. Hopefully we can say hi to each other since most of us are in the first five sections (gotta love the FoJG presale).

My movie-watching streak continues. Today I watched The Prince & Me. The prince was cute at times. The accent helped, even though he had a British accent (he was the prince of Denmark). Yup, the accents could have used some work... as in, uniformity. I think the actress playing the queen did the best job, but then she stood out for not speaking in a British accent. I give it 3 stars out of 4. And while I liked that the prince quoted Shakespeare, did he have to quote Juliet? Of all the quotes, he picked Juliet. Didn't seem like a very good way of apologizing, but whatever. 'Cause see, if Julia Stiles' character knew... what'shername... oh yeah, Paige. If Paige knew Shakespeare, she would have known that was Juliet talking to her father, only *pretending* to mean what she said. Not the same thing as apologizing for being a pig. A drunken pig. Turns out Paige didn't know squat about R&J, so the apology meant nothing. Either way, it would have backfired. Worked out for the plot, I guess. Oh, and the Othello analysis leading into self-reflection was very cheesy. Can't imagine my sophomore English teacher letting us get away with that. Heh! Nitpicks aside, I liked it well enough even when it got sappy (in some parts) and predictable.

Hmmm... I can't seem to find my RENT songbook anywhere. Where is it??? I've been attached to my guitar all week despite the fact that I can't really sing due to my throat irritation. I want to memorize "One Song Glory." Had a nice musical session on the piano. Since I couldn't find RENT, I went through several of my musical piano books and started playing some of my favorite songs. Then I realized, "Hey, I can play that on the guitar!" Well, I'm working on it. It's really a relief to know that G, C, A, D, E, D/F# and some of those minor chords are frequently used. It's just a matter of coming up with fresh melodies if I ever get around to writing new material.

Did I ever mention that my tape deck is awesome? It's a gigantic box, but it dubs pretty quickly. Am pleased. Alexa, you were right. :)

No comments: