Sunday, August 22, 2004

If I were a rich woman...

yeh duh yeh duh yeh duh yeh duh yeh duh yeh duh dum. :)

If only the Hollywood Stock Exchange were real... Did you guys ever join this starting around, oh, four to five years ago? I remember Rosie O'Donnell promoted the Hollywood Stock Exchange on her show. http://www.hsx.com. Anyway, it's like owning a piece of the celebrities and movies. You can buy starbonds and movie stocks plus you can purchase movie options for movie openings as well as blockbuster warrants (although I think these are a bust). This is the extent of my knowledge about stock markets. :)

Well, you start off with $2 million. Wish that were so in real life. I stopped "playing" for a few years, but my account has been active all this time. A few months ago, I picked up where I left off. Now I have $3.6 million!!! Thanks so much to the following actor and actresses over the years (I don't own the same stocks any more, but still: need to give credit where credit is due): Robbie Coltrane, Leelee Sobieski, Jennifer Garner, Renee Zellweger, Natalie Portman and Julia Stiles. RC and JG are still the big moneymakers for me. Ever since the Harry Potter franchise began, I've been rolling in the dough thanks to Mr. Coltrane. My starbonds for JG increased in value after Daredevil, and it helped to buy a lot while the price was relatively low. It hasn't plummeted at all yet. I *have* invested in some busts over the years. Oh well. Can't believe I've made $1.6 million. If only Hollywood $$$ were real... :)

1 comment:

Allison said...

Cha-ching! LOL...you should have put all your money on Conan O'Brien...but then
again you would only have $2,000,001.
Jase | 08.24.04 - 12:54 pm |

(I managed to save a few comments before switching over to the revised template...)

LOL! :) I like Mr. O'Brien. Worse than Conan though, I don't think I'd invest Andy Richter. New York Minute? No way. And then his TV shows flopped. Poor guy. He's pretty funny but just needs a good show.