Wednesday, April 14, 2004

"You lift upon the notes and slip away." -Josh Groban, "Mi Morena," Closer

I need a break. Thinking about the future wears me out. I keep telling myself to take it one day at a time, and I'm doing that, but still, from time to time I stress about the future. Anyway, I'm just listening to "Mi Morena" to relax and unwind.

I just finished my housing application. There's a new system in place this year, but I already know who I want to room with... I don't want to search for a stranger. Unfortunately, housing told me flat out that we couldn't room together due to our different priority levels. It's so frustrating, but we're not giving up.

Oh man, I'm still full from last night's birthday buffet dinner at Todai's. That place is great, but I should have stopped at the peach crepe. LOL! No, seriously, I ate so much that this morning I didn't really feel like eating anything. But I said to myself, "Breakfast is the most important meal of the day." So I took out the Asian pear Mom gave me and cut it open. Though it was stored in the refrigerator, it had a nasty gray color, so I had to throw it away. Ate my last banana instead. It was kind of overripe. Not having luck with the fruits lately! Mmm... oh wait. At Todai's, they had cute oranges. Really, they made a bowl out of half of the rind, and placed orange wedges back in. C'mon now. It doesn't get much better than that. :) I tried the eel sushi yesterday for the very first time. It wasn't that bad. Not that I had low expectations or anything. I won't eat the raw-fish sushi. But the eel was all right with me. Why am I talking about food so much? Just the thought of it makes me full.

American Idol's on tonight. It usually airs on Tuesday nights. "Gilmore Girls," one of its timeslot competitors, was finally new; I missed the first ten minutes, but it was a good episode overall. That one guy that Rory was eyeing looked too much like Jess for my comfort level.

Well, as the saying goes, "There's no time like the present." Gotta get a move on my reading.

[Are you catching my time references? Just want to make sure. The title of my blog -- though subject to change -- has multiple meanings. Okay, at least two meanings: 1) Finally, you started a blog. 2) Past, present, and future: what I did, what I'm doing, what I will do. 'nuff said {'cause 'nough said just looks funny} :) -notsosubtle Allison]

No comments: