Wednesday, April 28, 2004

I just don't know what to do with myself

Whew. What a long day. I mean, yes, I get the rest of the afternoon, evening, and night to relax (sort of). But wow. Two midterms in one day have completely drained me of all energy. My mind was a numb as I walked out of Savery. I really *didn't* know what to do with myself. I kept stopping on the Quad, and then I walked to the Hub, walked to McMahon 8, didn't buy anything, and came here so I could blog about it. LOL! Man, I'm so exhausted.

I'm a little sad that the jazz midterm is over. I have grown attached to Teddy Wilson's "Smoke Gets in Your Eyes," Duke Ellington's "Take the A Train," Chick Webb's "Stompin' at the Savoy," and Frankie Trumbauer's "Singin' the Blues." Even though I was required to listen to these tunes, I'll still miss them.

I've been out of in-class-essay-writing shape. Let's see. I haven't used a blue book (they're really green... the recycled ones are, at least) since Poli Sci and American Ethnic Studies during Winter '03. I hope my essays today were at least halfway decent. I had all these epiphanic moments about the texts last night and earlier this morning, but once I got to the real exam, the name of the game changed because we had to answer specific, difficult questions. Anyway. It's kinda funny. We had to write an extra credit question on Monday, and my instructor used mine on the midterm. Heh! So at the end of class today I asked, "Does that mean I get the extra credit?" Pause. "Did you write the answer down?" Me: "No!" So I grabbed my green book and jotted down the answer and added a smiley face.

Two midterms down, one to go. Thankfully, it's a week from today. I need a break.

Sleepy in Seattle

P.S. Congratulations to my big bro, Jason! :)

No comments: