Monday, April 19, 2004

Other news on this Monday evening

Josh Groban is returning to Washington on August 28th! To Auburn of all places!!! :) I can't wait. I'm not looking forward to the ticket-buying process, as I have not been able to repress the memories of last November's frustration. :) I smile and I joke a little, but seriously, I don't want to come out of the pre-sale(s) empty-handed. I think I have a slightly better chance this time because the White River Amphitheatre is humongous. And the worst case scenario is that we'd get general admission tickets to sit in the lawn area. So it's not that bad. I'd prefer a seat, of course. You never know if somebody'll sit right in front of you at the last second in a grass setting. Or start standing throughout the entire performance.

What's the price of one rare Lara Fabian song? $18. Oh my gosh, I'm a little crazy. Ever since I heard the ballad version of "I Will Love Again" on a local radio station, I've been trying to get my hands on a CD that has this version. Janice gave me Lara Fabian's CD back in the day (remember when Celine Dion was on her break? They called Lara the next Celine), and it has the upbeat version of the song. Maybe just last year or the year before, I heard the ballad version and started singing along. How on earth did I know the words? Then I recognized I had known this song all along. Love it. Anyway, I placed a marketplace order for it on amazon.com. For many months, nobody was selling. I wasn't going to continue my pre-order anymore, but somebody's selling it. So yay! The CD better be in good condition.

I *must* tell this story about my cousin Gizan. I don't know if I can capture it with justice, but he did one of the most genuinely kind things anyone has ever done for me. And he is only four years old. Well, he'll be FIVE really soon, as he likes to point out. :) When we were picking up Tita Beata on Saturday, he was really energetic and wanted me to see his room. I was reluctant to go at first ('cause we needed to head to Issaquah), but he took me by the hand and led me upstairs. He was proud to show me his clean room. (I'm giving this back story, but bear with me) So I spent a few minutes taking a look around and said that I had to go but I promised I'd be back. We went back downstairs and he showed me his scooter and bicycle. Again, I promised I'd see him later. After the show, we were indeed back to have dinner at their house.

We had bought Krispy Kreme donuts, and Gizan showed me his Krispy Kreme hat he'd gotten on a previous occasion. I told him that I used to have one but didn't have it anymore, and he really listened. "You don't have yours anymore?" I said, "No, but it's okay." He wore his "hatty" at dinner.

After dinner, Dad played a little bit with Gizan. It took us a little while before we left. Gizan didn't want us to go, but he was understanding too. So he ran to his room and came back with his miniature American flag that he had just received. He said I could have it. I was touched. I said, "No, it's yours so you should keep it. Plus, I have one at home." Then he thought for a moment, took it back from me (lol), ran to his room, and came back with *his* Krispy Kreme hatty. And he gave it to me because I didn't have one anymore. Oh my gosh. I was really moved, and I almost cried because Gizan was really sweet. My four-going-on-five-year-old cousin giving up something he liked because someone else didn't have hers. I'll return it to him on his birthday... and am trying to think of a good birthday present for an awesome kid. If anyone has a suggestion... pass it my way. Props and hugs to Gizan. :) Thanks for making my weekend.

No comments: