Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Pop-Up Pianos: Day 11 in Pictures

Piano #36: Times Square - Broadway between 45th and 46th


Piano #37: Times Square - Broadway and 42nd
Note: I did not take any pictures of Piano #38 and frankly have no desire to return there due to the crazy nature of what transpired.  I'm not going to go into details, but it was rudeness personified, and I chose my safety above anything else.  I am happy that I got to listen to two amazing pianists before my brief time on the piano and speak to a couple of European tourists while we listened to those pianists.  But most of all, I am thrilled that I didn't let #38 be my last piano of the day...

Piano #39: Tompkins Square Park.  The piano was in tune, so I played and sang "Gravity."  A man stood to my right a few feet away from the piano to listen.  After I finished he complimented me and asked who wrote the song, so I showed him the cover of the piano book and talked about Sara Bareilles.  I asked him if he played the piano, and he said that he played the trumpet but wished he could play.  I thanked him for listening and made my way home.  This piano marks a tie with the number of unique pianos played in 2010, which means I'm set to break my personal record with the next piano I play!

No comments: