Friday, September 03, 2004

Would you like to hold?

Well, I've done it. I spruced up my phone etiquette at work today. :) Mom and I had this conversation about answering phones at work. St. Francis showed employees a video, which instructed them to identify themselves (I say the caller should do that first, after all, they called!) as well as told them to ask the caller if they'd like to be placed on hold. Bunch o' weirdness, if you ask me. So because I don't agree (or maybe it's not so much disagreeing but thinking it's a little over the top where I happen to work), I still refuse to say "Atmospheric Sciences, this is Allison." Just can't do it. BUT, I asked a professor from the U. of Michigan, "Could you please hold?" and he happily replied, "Sure, take as long as you need to." I needed to look up a phone number.

All that just to segue into this: Would you like to hold? I'm going on vacation, so no new blog entries 'til I get back. Until then, enjoy your Cinnabons, enjoy your dreams about Cinnabons, and enjoy the places where you buy Cinnabons while they still remain open for business.

Buh-bye!

No comments: