Tuesday, September 28, 2004

ahhhhHHHHH freak out!

I have spent the past 90 minutes in panic why-must-everything-be-so-upsetting mode. When I first moved in, I had a really tough time opening my dorm room. Yesterday, the key got stuck for five minutes. Today, it got stuck really badly. I had to call the front desk three times. After the second call, two people came up. They were able to get my key out and they left. I thought that was that.

It wasn't. My door knob wouldn't budge. So if I closed the door, I'd be locked in. If I left my room, I'd be locked out. So then I called the front desk again (I never got the same person twice, so they all had various levels of helpfulness), and they told me I had to place a work order myself. The lady who took my order over the phone, thankfully, was really nice about it, and she had the lock shop get in touch with me. The lock shop called me back, and I had to explain my situation again. Finally finally finally somebody from custodial services came to fix the door lock. Apparently it was really "gummed up." Gross. I had Josh Groban playing and my browser at joshgroban.com when he was spraying the lock, and he said that Josh Grow-bon had a really good voice. Ah, now I can open my door w/o playing tug of war, now I can calm down, and now I can listen to a little Grow-bon in peace.

No comments: