Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Two-buck Chuck

After work today I decided to spend some of my hard-earned money. ;D

First, I bought Mean Girls widescreen edition on DVD. I haven't opened it up yet, but it comes with a Burn Book. Heh heh. Can't wait to watch the movie again.

Then I stopped by Trader Joe's to fulfill the one thing I said I would definitely do when I turned 21: buy two-buck Chuck. Well, it's $2.99 these days but still! That's so cheap! Hehehe. The cashier carded me and noticed, "Oh, you just turned 21." So I explained to her what I wanted to do, and she was like, "Right on." :) The elderly lady who stood behind me in line had grabbed a bottle without hesitation and asked the cashier, "How much is it and is it any good?" The cashier said, "Oh yes, you'll be back for more."

I'm no wine aficionado. I know that wine tasters swirl, swish, and spit. I wasn't quite sure which one to buy either. Alexa? Suggestions? Let's see, from what I remember they had chardonnay, cabernet sauvignon (pardon moi if I misspell), merlot, shariz, etc. I ended up buying merlot.

No comments: