Saturday, July 24, 2004

The X-Files Ukelele

:)  Yup, Blog, that's my title -- don't wear it out.  Mom gave me a ukelele from the Philippines.  I have no idea how to play it, but I took it out of the case today and started strumming... then plucking.  No, The Music Man method didn't work on me, so I couldn't miraculously play songs on the instrument.  Clearly the strings are out of tune, but now I hesitate to tune them correctly because they play the beginning of the theme for The X-Files .  1, 3, 2, 4.  1, 3, 2, 4, 1.  1, 3, 2, 4.  1, 3, 2, 4, 1.  Heh!  Very real dude! (<--only Mr. Johansen's 8th grade class will get that)

I have a lot of writing to do before Wednesday.  It's crazy.  I keep thinking about it, but I don't do it.  Maybe I just need to sit down with a pad of paper and a pen. 

Did you see Jeopardy! last night?  Yup, Blog, I'm going to talk about the quiz show and Ken Jennings.  It helped that I saw Shakespeare in the Park yesterday.  :)  So I got the final Jeopardy Q/A right.   What are Hamlet and Julius Caesar?  Macbeth and Richard III too.  I'm not familiar with R3.  Ken Jennings is unstoppable, man!  He's just that good.  We have to wait 'til September to see just how long he'll remain champion.

 

No comments: