Tuesday, July 27, 2004

Rants... and raves

A rant for people who say they rant and rave about something (that is, one particular thing)when, in reality, they should either be doing one or the other but not both.  Did that make sense?  For example: A rant and rave for the delicious food!  Why would you rant about delicious food?  It should be: A rave for the delicious food!  Anyway, feel free to rant about people or blogs that don't make sense.  Address your concern to Blog c/o musicallispeaking.blogspot.com.

A rant for not being able to find my purple UW folder ANYwhere.  It's not so much the folder I care about -- but the contents inside: my notes from last year's PRSSA meetings, a business card and my certificate of membership.  Seriously, why couldn't somebody return it to me?  I checked with the lost and found at the HUB -- twice, mind you -- as well as two offices in the Communications Building.  Oh, and the undergrad library.  I really hope somebody didn't throw it away, but I also hope somebody didn't take it for his/her own benefit. 

A rave for today's visit with the PR director at Seattle Sonics and Storm.  Wow, they have a nice building to work in, and the director was very informative.

A rave for people who hold doors open for you.

A rave for no sales tax when you buy sheet music online from California -- online, of course!

A rant for being a Washington state resident who loves amazon.com. 

A rave for thinking of sales tax and remembering what it was like to meet Josh Groban because of it. 

:) 

No comments: