Tuesday, July 20, 2004

What a day

Forget the snazzy title.  I can't think of one.  The bus stalled on the off-ramp of I-5.  No biggie.  It was interesting to hear people react.  Luckily, I was in no hurry.  :) 
 
I spaced out at work.  Spaced out in Atmospheric Sciences you could say.  See, I thought today was Wednesday.  I was working on an Excel database and planned to bring up the mail at noon.  At ten 'til noon, one of my supervisors asked me, "Allison, don't you have class at noon?"  I looked at the clock, and it donned on me that today was not Wednesday.  LOL!  Wow.  So I left immediately and made it to class on time.  Phew!  Thank you, Connie!  Now they're teasing me at work.  Oh well.  :)
 
Yay!  Dad put Ethernet on my computer.  I got mad that my computer was on, blaring The Monkees on Launch Music.  But Dad said that I have Ethernet, so that makes up for it tenfold!  This is great, but it could also be bad.  For instance, I have to write my backgrounder for my class tomorrow.  But I ended up checking my e-mail, and I've been reminded that Lucia Micarelli's CD comes out next Tuesday.  YAY!  I can't decide whether to buy it online (I'm sooo tempted) or buy it in stores.  Will stores have it in stock???  If Josh predicts the way things are distributed from Warner Bros., then  no, it won't.  At least, not on the day of.  But who knows?  I think it'd be more exciting to buy it in a store.  Then if the cashier asks, "Who is this?" I 'll say, "That's Lucia Micarelli, an outstanding violinist whom I met by chance in January."  Well, no, I wouldn't say it like that.  Whom?  C'mon now.  But she IS an outstanding violinist, and I can't rave enough about her talent.   

No comments: