Sunday, April 30, 2006

Interesante

I'm getting ready to order graduation apparel, commencemement tickets and parking permits. Yay! Well, I figure I should get excited about it. Mom and Dad, can you pay for all this? Yes? Sweet. After all, these things -- first and foremost -- are for parents. :)

ANYway, Brittany and I were discussing renting and buying graduation apparel. She's renting hers, and I freaked her out: Make sure everything's clean! LOL!

Undergrads and masters students at UW must purchase their apparel, and doctoral students must rent theirs. I think the doctoral students have the coolest outfits. Perhaps a little poofy but definitely distinguished.

But here's the interesting part. Though I have to purchase my robe and mortar board, I'm actually paying less than those who earned their doctoral degrees. I never noticed that until today.

Apparel prices: Bachelor apparel (purchase only) - $26.95, Master's apparel (purchase only) - $42.95, and Doctoral apparel (rental) - $49.95. See website for Doctoral purchase information. Additional Bachelor & Master's tassels (purchase) - $5.00 each. Additional Master's hoods (purchase) -$20.00 each.

Man, you probably think this is boring and mundane. I DON'T CARE! It's interesting to me. LOL!

No comments: