Thursday, March 03, 2005

Still here

I haven't dropped off the face of the planet or anything like that. :) Have just been swamped lately, and I *still* have plenty to do before finals roll around.

Oscars were enjoyable enough. For the one category I actually cared about (best song), neither of my favorites won. Oh well. I ended up watching six hours of Oscar-related TV (yikes), and I swear I saw Josh's manager and vocal coach on the ABC post-Oscar coverage. LOL! That was worth it. Just picture me squinting at my TV (good ol' TV!) hoping to see Josh and at least getting to see David Romano and Brian Avnet (or very good lookalikes), and then you'll understand.

I saw a jazz concert on Monday with one of my clustermates. We saw three UW groups perform at Meany. Dannnng, they're talented. It's fun watching the other performers onstage react to the soloists. They look like they are having the best time listening to each other and playing with each other. Everyone's smiling, moving to the beat, nodding their heads... something to show that they're groovin'. :)

Don't have much else to report. Ooh, I get to see Florencia on Saturday! So excited. So I've been to my first opera workshop. And I've been to my first opera dress rehearsal. This is the real deal: my first opera opera. Ooh, note to self (and Mom): don't forget the binoculars. :)

No comments: