Thursday, March 02, 2006

Something has changed within me

The job-hunting process got off to a rocky start, I admit, but I've sensed a change in myself over the past few weeks. And now I know what I want. In fact, I want it so badly that all I can see is me going after it until I get it.

I knew the job search wouldn't work until I felt like this, and now I'm just so excited that I can't keep it to myself.

So here's the deal. I'm going to try and make it my favorite city in the world: New York, baby.

I hope you're excited as I am, and I hope you'll all say a little prayer and send some support my way while I reach out to potential employers in the performing arts industry.

I'm going to follow my dreams and my passions. Like I said, Avenue Q is my theme musical now. However, I *don't* want to go back to college. I'm so ready to move forward. As Kate Monster said, "You gotta go after the things you want while you're still in your prime."

I'm going for them. Wish me luck.

And soon, I hope to host this grand good-bye party, so get ready!!!

[March 3 edit: Yes, I changed the title. It's a line that Elphaba sings in Wicked's "Defying Gravity." The title could've been anything, really -- or nothing at all. My other idea was "Start spreading the news." I'll use that one later.]

No comments: