Wednesday, February 15, 2006

The Library + The Mall = The Office

Mom and I went shopping at Southcenter yesterday. I stopped by the KCLS branch in the mall. Their movie collection consists of DVDs. It's not huge or anything, but when you consider the fact that DVDs are rarely available at the regular branch (Federal Way Regional), the offering at Southcenter was pretty great.

I borrowed The Office (the original UK version) and Angels in America. Last night I watched all six episodes of the former. Funny, funny show. I'm attached to the U.S. cast and energy of the show, but there's something about the original that's brilliant. Two words: Ricky Gervais. No *wonder* people rave about him. No wonder J.J. Abrams put him on "Alias. "

First, Dwight's bobblehead (or is that bobble head?). Now, Ricky Gervais, five minutes into episode five. You've gotta see it. Especially if you own a certain CD by a certain artist. (It was one of the first CDs I ever owned apart from Disney soundtracks and Miss Saigon.) Hilarious scene. I could watch it over and over again. :)

No comments: