Friday, September 23, 2005

The End

Spent my last day as the communications intern at The 5th Avenue Theatre. :) It sure was a memorable one. I wrapped up a few projects, cleaned out my files, sent my last e-mails and said my "see ya later"s. (It's not really good-bye though! I've been invited to future opening nights. Yay!)

Around 4 o'clock, they surprised me with a chocolate and raspberry cake that had "You rock!" on it. :) Mmm ... that cake was delicious. It was from Gelatiamo, which I have seen countless times on my way to and from the Metro tunnel. Now I know they have great desserts!

I'm really grateful that I got to spend my summer at the 5th. I know that I may sound like a broken record by now, but it's true. A big thanks to everyone who made my time there an awesome one. :)

Breaking it down:

66: number of days spent in the communications office
7: number of days I took off during the entire span of my internship (5 for vacation to New York, 1 for family day, 1 for my birthday)
0: number of dollars earned (but the experience is invaluable)
2: number of press/opening nights worked
4: number of musicals I saw at the 5th over the course of my internship
6: number of comp tickets received
3: number of happy-hour outings I went to
271: number of hours logged onto weekly timesheets

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I sure do volunteer to go for those opening nights. Food at the cast party is yummy.
Glad you had that wonderful learning experience at the 5th.I agree with the comment on the cake.
Gracie