Sunday, January 16, 2005

My guitar!!!

A Takamine G Series, model number GS-330S. Acoustic. Steel strings. Narrow neck. Cedar top. Gorgeous mellow sound. It's beautiful. And it's mine. :)

Mom and I went to Guitar Center for the first time yesterday. That store is incredible. I started by examining a couple guitars (Yamaha and Fender). It was a little annoying because I had to tune them. As I was playing the Fender, a salesperson approached us. Jay seemed knowledgeable and trustworthy, and he was very helpful in leading us to the intermediate guitars in a room where you can test guitars without being distracted by the music aired over the speaker system. He showed me a grand concert Fender (I liked that it had a smaller body and the fact that it was a Fender [what can I say? I was thinking of RENT]), but then he said he just got a shipment of a Takamine guitar. I tried the Fender while he went to get the Takamine. I knew I would get an intermediate guitar once I started playing. For one, they were already in tune. Also, Jay had explained the wood tops of the intermediate guitars produced better sounds over time than the beginner guitars.

When he returned with the Takamine, he tuned it and then handed it over so I could try it. Right from the start, it was super easy to move my hand on the neck, and the sound was, as I said before, gorgeous. I tried one more guitar, a Yamaha with a spruce top. But I was already convinced I'd get the Takamine.

Thank you, Mom, for such an amazing present!

No comments: