Sunday, June 25, 2006

OMG

I'm cleaning out my room, and I literally just came across an assignment I completed in sixth grade. My initial reaction, "Oh my gawd."

I haven't read the entire piece, but it starts off with:

Allison Cabellon
1-16-96
Autobiography

I am twenty-two years old, and my name is Allison Cabellon. I can't believe it is already 2006, but it is, and right now I am currently attending the University of Washingon. When I graduate, I will start writing right away. I really want to try and find a job at a magazine or a local newspaper.

OMG, OMG. This is so bizarre! Ten years ago I dreamed of becoming a professional writer.

Funny how dreams change over time. I mean, I still love to write, and I incorporated that into my career goals, but it's not the same as being a journalist. Ha ha! My 12-year-old self couldn't have predicted the path I want to take now.

I think I'd fail if I took Professor Trelawney's class at Hogwarts. ;)

No comments: