Saturday, June 24, 2006

In the trash!

Yay! I got to apply Janice's cleaning mantra earlier! It was fun. I can't believe all the crappola (excuse me, the JUNK!) I kept in boxes in the garage. Yikes.

Give it away, give it away, give it away now! That includes a bunch of books, a couple stuffed animals and a flashlight thing that seemed much cooler when I was younger. Not so much now.

I also had a bunch of school papers that I tossed into the recycling bin. No need to track the progress of my penmanship. No need to keep simple math worksheets. No need to keep the valentines from elementary school. Sure, some of them are cute, but I don't need 'em!

Before discarding some of the contents, I had fun reading some items. For example, I read through the student council suggestion slips from 6th grade one last time. Sure, the usual request such as hat day showed up. Here's my favorite request (no, I am not about to make a typo, this is what was written): "We should have bending machines."

No comments: