Monday, May 15, 2006

Just My Luck

Ooh, I love double meanings.

(Hellooooooo from New York Cit-tay!)

I tried the RENT lottery for the very first time this evening. No dice. There were so many people who didn't get tickets, but at least we could share in our loser disappointment. I didn't stick around to buy $45 tickets (yes, they were discount tickets, but no thanks).

I stopped by TKTS, but I wasn't interested in seeing Festen (a play, which I just read is closing May 20, the producers announced it today) and Chicago. Mondays are dark for most Broadway shows. (Man, I wish Miss Saigon were still around; it played on Mondays).

Before I entered the lottery, I created a Plan B. After eating dinner, I executed the plan. I went to the AMC Theater on 42nd Street. There's a Loews across the street, but the AMC had better choices. In fact, I would have picked Akeelah and the Bee, but the movie wasn't going to start for another hour.

My choice? Just My Luck. Starring Lindsay Lohan and... hold on, I'll remember... Chris Pine. Easy on the eyes, that one. :) The movie was cheesy and predictable but just the right amount of cheese and the kind of predictability that goes down smoothly. I liked it well enough. It rains on the main characters throughout the movie, and I felt really happy I decided to take one of Anna's umbrellas with me because it rained when I got out of the theater!

Oh, I enjoyed watching the movie with a New York audience. They laughed hard at things that were outrageously cheesy, and I was laughing right along with them. Oh, and it was fun because the movie takes place in New York and even features the new Hard Rock Cafe in Times Square, which I happened to walk by earlier today. :)

On another note, wish me luck for the next three days! Not luck in the sense of winning the RENT lottery or having things magically work out Hollywood-style. Wish me luck in the sense of sending positive vibes that my informational interviews are mutually beneficial and productive for me and the companies I'm visiting. Thanks!

(No time to edit any and all mistakes!)

No comments: