Monday, November 28, 2005

Texas-sized Weekend

This was the first Thanksgiving I'd ever spent outside Washington state, and I gotta say I loved the change of scenery, air, weather, etc. Especially the weather. Now I'm freezing. What a contrast. It's supposed to snow tonight.

Funniest thing I heard all weekend? It was on the radio when Jason and I were heading back to Austin from San Antonio:

"What's up, San Antonio? It's 64 degrees -- a little chilly, chilly." LOL! Chilly chilly.

Traveling the day before Thanksgiving was surprisingly smooth. Thanksgiving in Houston was nice. The food was delicious and very filling. I could only eat one plate of food. On Friday, Jason and I saw Rent (AWESOME MOVIE!!!!). Later we had dinner at Hula Hut (which serves tacos, enchiladas, burritos, etc.). After that, Jason and his friend took me around the bars downtown. After seeing Austin, I could definitely tell why Jason moved there. Good choice, bro. On Saturday we went to San Antonio, visited the Alamo and went to the River Walk.

No comments: