Tuesday, May 10, 2005

"Wow, that's great!"

And I'm not talking about a Red Ryder BB Gun. This Fujitsu C Series Lifebook laptop is awesome! *grin* Yup, Dad bought me a laptop on Saturday. Thanks, Dad! It didn't come with Microsoft Office, which I desperately needed for school. Thanks, Mom!

Now I'm very happy that I was able to import my bookmarks--or favorites as IE likes to call them--without having to type every single URL. That would've been a pain.

I was able to transfer all but my biggest files from my PC to my laptop. I'll just be missing a few JG video clips from my collection. That's OK.

This laptop rocks! It's so fast and has everything I want/need. Ooh, and I now have a color printer. The UW wage statement looks so pretty. I almost forgot it was pay day today. Yay!

One more thing! I bought tickets to the student matinee of The Tales of Hoffmann (Les contes d'Hoffmann). My roommate and I are going on the 22nd. Orchestra center preferred, sixth row. Opera is the most expensive ticket in town, so this is such a great deal: What normally would cost a whopping $116 per ticket is just $15 per ticket for students! Yay! I'm going to miss being a student! :) LOL! Or not. LOL!

[Edit: I just looked at Seattle Opera's Web site, and the matinee price for OCP is $95. The person at the box office told me $116, which is the price for some of the night performances. Yowzas!]

It's Christmas in May. Wow, that's great!

No comments: