Wednesday, October 20, 2004

These kids are so much smarter...

...than meeeeeeeeee.

Let me back up. I'm watching Jeopardy!, and the players are in junior high/middle school. They could answer questions (you know what I mean) that I didn't know!

And I'm stumped on the final jeopardy. LOL! Go Emily!!!

I wish I could go back to Kilo,
Life was so simple back then*.
What could I do to go back and view
My junior-high years again?

I wish I could go back to Kilo,
At Kilo, you know who you are.
You head to assemblies, and think, "Well at least
we didn't get kicked out so far!" (inside joke for the class of '02)

How do I go back to Kilo?
I don't know who I am anymore.
I wanna go back to the lunchroom
And tell the beggars, "Ya better stop askin' me soon!" Whoa oh ah oh.

I wish I could just get a hall pass
Or play the piano,
Avoid the mile
and go to PAW, ya know
I badly want a seventh period to blow

We could be sitting in Steinbornia
2 p.m. before the final bell will ring
Cursing the boy who sneezed so peculiar
And spending the rest of the time giggling

I wish I could go back to Kilo
How do I go back to Kilo?
Ah ah ah ah
I wish I had taken more pictures* (can't change that line)

But if I were to go back to Kilo
Think what a loser I'd be:
I'd walk to assemblies, and think, "Wait, at the very least,
These kids are so much younger than me."

And smarter. And taller. Heh!

Sorry, Avenue Q creative team! I couldn't resist. And I couldn't help but butcher your great work. I'll try to make it better next time.

Signing off,
Weird Alli

P.S. I should mention that I don't *really* wanna go back to Kilo. :) Although I enjoyed revisiting my memories of the awkward, early teenage years. ;) And I have to admit I had to do some digging. Eep, I am getting old.

No comments: