Monday, October 18, 2004

Go Boston

Honestly, I'm not really interested in major league baseball during the postseason if the Mariners aren't playing. But I just happen to hear about it, and man, people sure loathe the Yankees. Loathe? I'm being nice about it. They *hate* the Yankees. Example one: Jason. Hehehe. Well, there was nothing good to eat at McMahon 8 this evening so I walked to the HUB and grabbed a sandwich at Subway. Ha! Yes, they did raise the prices. Booooo.

Anyway, I noticed a crowd in the TV lounge, and the only TV event that attracted more people was the third presidential debate just last week. A bunch of guys were glued to the TV, and one Red Sox fan -- decked in red clothing and a baseball cap -- kept pacing during the very long extra innings. Many of them looked so serious each time something wrong happened (Johnny Damon's pop up, the called out when that one guy [don't know his name] slid into second, etc.). Meanwhile, I keep thinking Johnny Damon needs a shave and a haircut. Two bits! Well, even though they're not the M's, way to go Boston!

No comments: