Thursday, March 25, 2010

Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups!

I tried my first recipe from Alicia Silverstone's The Kind Diet today: chocolate peanut butter cups!  I bought all the ingredients yesterday.  I needed to make a run (okay, walk) to Target to buy paper liners for the muffin tray, so I did that during my "lunch hour" today.

Before cooking dinner, I measured out all the ingredients, mixed 'em and melted 'em.  My hands were pretty shaky when I was spooning in the peanut butter mixture and the chocolate topping, so they didn't turn out as beautifully as I would have liked (the pictured one is the "best looking" one)... After two hours of cooling in the fridge, I tried my first homemade peanut butter cup.  They are really tasty!  The vegan chocolate chips are quite sweet, so I may try a different kind next time, and when I make them again, I'll use unsalted peanut butter (which is what the recipe called for, heh).   Oh, this was a vegan recipe, but my graham crackers had some organic honey in them.  Oh well.  I haven't quite given up honey yet.  And I'm not exactly a vegan.  Just flirting!  :)

No comments: