Saturday, January 21, 2006

Oh breathe, just breathe

Heh heh, get it? It's 2 a.m. Like that song by Anna Nalick. :) Great song. So is her new single, "In the Rough."

Anyway, it's 2 a.m., and I can't go to sleep. I had coffee during the first intermission of Die Fledermaus. My mind is racing now. When I got home tonight I checked my e-mail. I received a message about a potential part-time job, and I've been thinking about it ever since. I won't mention anything more right now, but that's what's on my mind.

Oh, and I just spent a great deal of time writing a post for my online friends. Wait. Let me back up and explain that the first Web community I joined was the Miss Saigon Notice Board at Center Stage. That place no longer exists, but a few of us recently started a little group to keep in contact with each other. Very cool. Anyway, here's what I wrote in response to a "what are you up to?"-type thread:

----------------------
I graduated magna cum laude from the University of Washington last month. (I finished two quarters ahead of schedule.) Earned my B.A. in communication with a music minor. Commencement will take place this June.

Right now I'm taking a much-needed break. In March, I'm visiting the Philippines for the first time. Yay! I must admit that it's strange not going to school, but I definitely won't miss the endless homework! Not surprisingly, I feel the pressure of searching for a full-time job. I hope that wherever I end up and whatever I do is rewarding and fulfilling. I would love to work in the communications department of a performing arts organization. I just wrapped up my student job and am doing some cool freelance projects with Seattle Opera.

Speaking of opera, I've really gotten into it over the past year. Seattle Opera is known for performing the works of Richard Wagner, and I think I may have caught the bug to become a Wagnerite. I loved the Ring. I heard (and saw) Jane Eaglen sing the Liebestod from Tristan und Isolde last weekend, and I just listened to a clip of Parsifal earlier this evening. Wow, Wagner's music is so amazing, moving and memorable. Yup, I'm hooked.

Of course, I am a musical fan through and through. I can't wait to see the world premiere of The Wedding Singer.
----------------------

*yawn* Ooh, I think I'm finally getting sleepy. Buonanotte.

No comments: