Saturday, January 28, 2012

It's About Breakfast, Allison

Good morning, world.  Yesterday evening I had a glorious time shopping at Whole Foods.  Seriously, you're probably thinking that shopping at Whole Foods should not give me that much pleasure, but it does.  And I got the ingredients I needed to recreate WaterCourse Foods' Amsterdam Hash.  Yes, that is the name of the dish.  Don't get any ideas now, just click on the link to refresh your memory.


OK, so I didn't exactly recreate the home fries... I went with mashed potatoes, so I could have it ready for lunch- or dinner-type meals.  And I also used the no-egg scramble recipe from The Jazzy Vegetarian.  (It's still a tofu scramble, but I kind of like that TJV called it a "no-egg scramble.")

Anyway, I now make an excellent mushroom gravy, and while I've told this to my sister and one of my cousins, I'll just put it out there that you should invite me over for Thanksgiving because of my mushroom gravy.  It is that awesome.

I also made some oven-roasted Brussels sprouts for kicks, and I made a Tofurky breakfast sausage link.  I only ate half of the said link.  I could have done without it, and now I know better.  No need for the fake meat when it comes to this dish.  Should have known that from the WaterCourse version.  All in all, it was a success in my book.  It took me ninety minutes to make everything, but I really didn't mind.  I love that cooking is creativity in action.  I never saw it that way until recently.  The floodgates are open...

No comments: